Our Second Year 3D Design Program uses SolidWorks© 2017.
- Receive 3 college credits while in class!
- Take the CSWA SolidWorks exam and become internationally certified in 3D Design! (We are the only Public high school in the state offering this and have a 100% pass rate.)
- Receive free home copies of all of our 3D design software to include 3D SolidWorks, 3Ds Max, 3D Revit Architecture and CorelDRAW. A huge value!
- Work outside of class on numerous local projects.
- Enjoy guest speakers from local industry and colleges.
- Design many fascinating 3D Solid Models.
- Your 3D prints are yours to keep! You will program two very precise engineering quality 3D printers.
- Create an impressive design portfolio of Blueprints, and 3D Models and Laser Models.
The potential of this class is amazing. Print rare replacement parts of an antique car, build working mechanical engineering prototypes, create complex architectural designs or develop prosthetic devices. You are only limited by your imagination.
The first class project is to create a working, single cylinder, internal combustion engine. You design everything; the muffler, crank and cam shafts, the piston and rings, cylinder head down to the small screws and gaskets. We then print these parts to create an actual working engine prototype. NASA is printing complete rocket engines and now has two 3D Printers on the International Space Station
While learning the software, students are encouraged to work their own projects as they pursue their own career goals. This year is individually tailored to each student.
SolidWorks is used by over 2 million engineers and designers at more than 165,000 companies worldwide and is required at all Engineering and Architectural colleges.
You DO NOT need high math skills to master this program. The programs will do the math for you if you wish. Our program continues to mature and is now one of the finest in the state.
After completing this course, you will be immediately qualified for local high paying jobs, or well prepared for post-secondary education. Become nationally certified, earn 9 college credits total, and explore this exciting and emerging career field.
Course Requirements: Successful completion of Basic 3D Design using either SolidWorks 2016 or Revit 2016 with an 80% average and instructor permission.
This course meets Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, and Fri.
This course is held at Sanford Regional Technical Center in room V-14.