The Computer & Networks Systems Program is designed to prepare students for national certification including CompTIA and Cisco. Students are expected to take and pass these certification exams. Successful students can earn up to 12 college credits, have courses waived, qualify for better work study jobs and be a step up on career job applications.
Community service projects provide real life experience comparable to the best corporate internship programs. Our Computer & Network Systems lab is virtually brand new! Each student uses his/her own high performance networked workstation. These workstations contain multiple operating systems, all the major office products, internet tools and access, networking software and utilities. The program has its own Web site, LAN and WAN. All the equipment and networking is available to prepare the student for Network+ and CCNA Certification Testing.
Home technology integration is taught using a complete audio, video, network, security, environmental and lighting control system. System Administration concepts are taught on Microsoft and LINUX servers. Video conferencing, scanning, text conversions, digital cameras, and web accessed smart networking equipment provide additional opportunities. To maintain a stateoftheart software environment the IT lab is an active member of MSDN (Microsoft Developers Network) providing students with the most current releases of software from Microsoft.
Options of the program include:
· CompTIA A+ Certification is the industry standard for validating skills expected of an entrylevel computer technician.
· CompTIA Network+ Certification is the worldwide standard of competency for professionals with nine months experience in network support or administration.
· CompTIA Server+ Certification is a standard of competency for mid to
upperlevel technicians responsible for server hardware functionality. Students enrolled in this course of study also serve as System Administrators for the IT Lab.
· CompTIA HTI+ Certification is a low voltage wiring certification. Low voltage wiring includes networking, security, internet, environmental controls, lighting, video, audio, water, etc., anything in the home or business that can be automated and controlled.
· System Administration is designed to give the student experience in maintaining a medium sized network. Students are responsible for the proper operation of and high availability for all hardware, networking and software in the IT Lab.
· Cisco Networking Academy is a four semester program leading to national certification as a Cisco Certified Network Associate. Included in this curriculum is the CompTIA Network+ certification.
This course meets Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, and Fri.
This course is held at Sanford Regional Technical Center in room V-1.